BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update

Hi everyone. Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Things have been crazy! We went to closing on our new house in Bristow last Wednesday and have been painting, working on the house and moving since. I came home for a couple of days to help paint but Brad has had to do the moving on his own. He has done a really great job with taking care of everything back home!

Morgan is doing well. Today he was up to 2 pounds 10 ounces! I think he will gain and then lose a little, gain and then lose a little. He is definitely looking bigger though. It was really hard to be away from him for the 4 days I was at home. I called everyday to check on him. The second day I was home I called and the nurse had said that his left lung had collapsed and he was up on his oxygen which is something that happens with babies that have lung disease. One thing I didn't understand and am starting to realize is that most premature baby has lung disease just because their lungs are under developed. The severity of the disease varies with every baby. Morgan's chest xrays are looking better and he is down on his oxygen. I read on Webmd though that some children can out grow their lung disease which is hopeful. He will be on the ventilator for at least a couple of more weeks before they try to extibate him again.

The doctors also thought Morgan had some sort of intestinal infection because he had blood in his stool one day. They stopped his feedings and started him on antibiotics. They will start feeding him slowly again this Friday and see how he does. But other than those things he is doing well. He still looks great and is acting the same. The nurse also said that because he was still acting the same and responding to stimuli and opening his eyes that that was a sign that there are no neurological issues. It has definitely been a roller coaster ride so far but I feel that in the end it will all work out. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. People from work ask about you guys every day.