BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I got to hold Morgan today

Today was a good day. When I got to the hospital this morning they had just switched Morgan over to a regular ventilator instead of a oscillating ventilator which had been putting faster breaths into his lungs. He responded well to the new ventilator. The tubes for a regular ventilator are more flexible which meant I could hold him. I got to hold him on my chest for half an hour today and it was awesome. He was just relaxing and sleeping. I also got to change two of his diapers today which I hadn't gotten to do yet. When I left the nurses were trying to put a pick line into either his hand, foot or head (I know that sounds scary but they assured me that it can go there too). The pick line will replace the lines he has going into his belly button for his nutritional supplements. After a week of the lines going into his belly button the chance of infection increases because his belly button is supposed to be healing. I don't have any pictures of me holding Morgan right now, the nurse took some with the disposible cameras we had but I will have my camera the next time and post them on the blog.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the love and support you have been showing me, Brad, Marcus and especially Morgan...we all appreciate it very much!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Amanda,

That is wonderful news! I am so glad to hear how well little Morgan is doing. The blog is fantastic and we will continue to check in regularly and pray for your family.

Robin

Donna said...

Amanda, Awesome!! Just the first of many, many firsts you are going to experience as a mother! I especially love the picture of Morgan holding onto your finger! I love you and think that you are an amazing person. Hang in there. God is with you and you are with me in my prayers. Donna

Rhonda said...

Love the blog as we think about Morgan often and wonder how he's doing. I love the pictures showing how tiny he really is especially his teeny tiny hand. Amanda, you sound and look like a happy new mom, congratulations! We wish you and Morgan the best. Love Rhonda, Dean and Jamie

Anonymous said...

Great news, Amanda! Thank you for calling and updating me. I know it's a rough time right now. I hope you had a good visit with your mom. I know Brad and Marcus are coming this weekend.

I'm always here for you. I love the blog entries from your other friends. You do have a good support team, remember that. We are all here for you. Just call or email when you want to talk. I'll check in on you as well.

If you up to visitors in Jan or Feb and Morgan is progressing, I'd love to come down on a Sat to visit you and Morgan.

I'm praying for all of you!!!

Love, Cristina