BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Making a lot of progress

Hi everyone. At lot has happened since my last post. As of this morning Morgan is 4 pounds 12.5 ounces. He is now in just a bassinet and has been moved to the transitional nursery where the focus is on getting bigger and going home. The transitional nursery is still a part of the NICU there is just a larger space for each baby and there are privacy curtains. He has been on just the nasal cannula since noon yesterday. They plan on leaving him on the cannula unless he shows signs of respiratory distress but so far he has done well. Another huge milestone is that he took a bottle last night for the first time and ate all of his formula through it. The nurse noticed that he was sucking on his feeding tube so she took it out and tried giving him a bottle. He ate all of his meals last night and this morning from the bottle. If he shows signs of tiring they will put the tube back in. In the past week Morgan has made huge strides. It is so exciting to feel like he is getting closer and closer to coming home! Brad and I are going down tomorrow afternoon and I will get pictures of him in his bassinet and hopefully eating from a bottle!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh Amanda, I'm so excited. When I talked to you before, I just knew that he was out of his incubator and into a bassinet. I can't believe he's on the cannula and eating from a bottle! What a huge improvement from just last week, let alone from birth!! God is doing an amazing work in sweet little Morgan and I am just so privlaged that I am able to share in this special excitement sent from above. I love you all and continue to pray for Morgan's strength and growth; also for your and Brad's emotional health; also for the wisdom of the doctors. All these new changes are so wonderful. May you all continued to be blessed!