BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Morgan could be going home sooner









Hello everyone. My mom and I spent a lot of the day with Morgan today. We had a really good visit. He is up to 6 pounds 13 ounces! His nurse today was talking to us a lot about what we will need to do when he goes home. She seemed to think it would be sooner than 44 weeks if we can get his feeding going well. He did well today with the thickened formula and making sure we paced him. Part of the problem is if he gets too hungry he sucks and sucks and forgets to breathe. So in the beginning the nurse showed me how to lower the bottle in order to pace him but after he got some of the formula in his belly he started to pace himself. He only took 20 ml from the bottle from a total of 50 ml but they are going to gradually increase it. So hopefully he can get the feeding down soon and we can go home. It sounds like he will probably go home on oxygen which is fine with me. At this point I am just ready for him to come home.

I also got to give Morgan a real bath today. I'm not sure if he has ever had one. I think at UVA they just wiped him down with disposable wash cloths. My mom and I were concerned that he might not like the bath because he hates to have his diaper changed but he absolutely loved it!!! It was so cute to see. When I was washing his hair he started to fall asleep. It's also funny that at Fairfax they use a plastic storage bin with a mesh incline as a bathtub. I posted some pictures below of Morgan with his new frog blanket -- thank you grandma Bosarge :) and of this bath today. The bath pictures look red because he was under a heat lamp. The heat lamp was pretty nice, I might have to have Brad put one in at our house!

1 comments:

Chris and Machel said...

Yeah Morgan!! He looks like such a big boy!! We are so happy that you got to bathe him, they are so cute when they get bathed!!! We will continue to pray for your little man and for your family.